[fpc-devel] "embedded" again

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 21 20:16:54 CET 2013

On 21.01.2013 17:01, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 01/21/2013 04:35 PM, Thomas Schatzl wrote:
>> Any precompiled package on the internet is likely to be armel/softfp.
> My favorite would be to install all "packages" (rtl, fcl, ...) as source
> files (like "trunk") and have them compiled on demand with the project
> make. I do know that Lazarus does this with the LCL, but I don't know
> how to configure an "fpc project" in that way (in fact I don't  even
> know if there are such things like "fpc packages" and "fpc projects".
> for compiling my Lazarus-inherited "project" I just did "fpc heiz.lpr"

It's better to compile "packages" like rtl and fcl only once, because
1. some units (especially System.pp) require special options, include
paths, etc (we supply makefiles for a reason)
2. if you compile your project with debug options you'll step into
rtl/fcl/etc. sources each time you debug (and this can get very annoying
if it jumps into e.g. the lowlevel dynamic array handling routines)

Regards,
Sven