[fpc-devel] "embedded" again

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 21 16:18:37 CET 2013

Am 21.01.2013 14:04, schrieb Michael Schnell:
> On 01/21/2013 01:55 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>>
>> Yes, but as I said earlier in the thread ARM is the only platform
>> that I've not got libgdb compiled for, and Jonas (I think) said it
>> wasn't surprising in view of the number of ARM variants.
>
> I learned that Lazarus is supposed to run on a Raspbery Pi. So I
> suppose fp will run and be able to work with gdb, too.
Having a working GDB and a working debugger in the fp IDE are two
different things, because unlike Lazarus the fp IDE does not use the
command line based interface, but uses a library version of GDB which is
AFAIK since some versions no longer compiled by default... (and might
not be compiled for ARM at all...)

Regards,
Sven