[fpc-devel] "embedded" again

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jan 21 15:42:57 CET 2013

On 01/21/2013 03:32 PM, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> I do not understand. There is no such thing as an universal arm package. So
> there is no "the" lazarus debian package for arm.
Of course you are right, but to the user it looks like. I suppose
apt-get and friends is installed with the distribution that of course
does know the system is it meant to run on.

Now the user just does "apt-get install fpc" or similar and after that
fpc should be usable.

So the apt-get installation seems to select the correct package for the
flavor.

What I meant is: the fpc package(es) seem to be provided by the fpc
team. To they provide multiple of them (I only found a single one) here:

http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/armel/fp-compiler/download ->
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/f/fpc/fp-compiler_2.4.0-2_armel.deb

so I supposed it would contain the necessary stuff for all supported
flavors. But maybe I did not look hard enough.

Thanks,
-Michael