[fpc-devel] Install FPC and GUI on a headless non debian ARM device ["embedded" again]

Anton Kavalenka anton.k at tut.by
Mon Jan 21 10:12:24 CET 2013

On 21.01.2013 11:22, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 01/18/2013 05:33 PM, Anton Kavalenka wrote:
>> On 18.01.2013 19:25, Michael Schnell wrote:
>>

>> Remote X is done using X-forwarding
>>
>> ssh -X your_name at your_raspberry
>
> I understand that this is the command to be issued at the PC to
> contact the remote device.
>
> My question is how to install something at a non-Debian headless Linux
> device to allow for such a login to remote a gui session.
>
> -Michael
Your headless system have to
X-libs and gtk2 libs installed.

This is the list of debian packages typical Lazarus-built Linux GUI
application depends.
It is useful in sense - what to download from public repositories. The
name of packages contain project name.

libatk1.0-0 (>= 1.12.4),
libc6 (>= 2.2.5),
libcairo2 (>= 1.2.4),
libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1),
libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 (>= 2.22.0),
libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.12.0),
libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.24.0),
libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.14.0),
libx11-6

this is a list of libraries on which typical Lazarus-built Linux GUI
application depends.

libatk1.0-0 - GTK2 accessibility toolkit
libc6 - LIBC
libcairo2 - Cairo
libexpat1 - XML parser
libffi5 - foreign function interface
libfontconfig1 - fontconfig - this depends on freetype, libexpat and zlib
libfreetype6
libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 - GDK pixbuffers
libglib2.0-0 - GNOME-lib
libgtk2.0-0 - GTK
libpango1.0-0 - pango
libpcre3 - perl compatible regexp
libpixman-1-0 - pixel manipulator for X and Cairo
libpng12-0 - PNG support
libselinux1 - LIBC depencence, on tiny distros may absent
libx11-6 - XLIB
libxau6 - //-
libxcb1
libxcb-render0
libxcb-shm0
libxcomposite1
libxcursor1
libxdamage1
libxdmcp6
libxext6
libxfixes3
libxi6
libxinerama1
libxrandr2
libxrender1
zlib1g - ZLib

Actual list for your tiny system may be significantly smaller.
For instance libselinux1 may disappear as soon it is not supported in
your distribution.

Btw what says ldd for your cross-compiled binary at your target system?

So you have to build them with cross-compiler and copy to your headless
system.

Is it so painful to run at your headless system GDB server - and at
client - full Lazarus connected to that GDB?

But in both cases Xlibs and gtk2 libs have to be installed at target system.

regards,
Anton