[fpc-devel] dwarf for "array [ 0..191] of "

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Jan 19 15:17:06 CET 2013

Since I don't know the fpc cdoebase, I can not check this myself.

I suspect it is a gdb issue. But if it is not to much work, maybe
someone who does know fpc dwarf generation can check that it is not fpc?

I got the following source:
     type  TFoo = array [0..191] of integer;

and in gdb
   ptype TFoo

Using dwarf, up to gdb 7.2 (inclusive) the result is ok.

but 7.3 up reports
     array [0..-65] of LONGINT

SO definitely something changed in GDB.
But I do not know if the old or new gdb is right.

---------
So my guess is fpc declares the index as byte sized type.

If someone can confirm this, and that fpc declares it as unsigned in the
dwarf info, then it is a gdb issue.

Thanks