[fpc-devel] FPC for MIPS

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 11:46:19 CET 2013

SkyDiablo wrote:
> hi ho,
>
> i'm back again ;) i have try this:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/fpc-devel@lists.freepascal.org/msg27336.html
>
> but my Ubuntu Desktop 12.04 LTS can't run the "ppcmips" binary?
>
> $ chmod +x ppcmips
> $ ./ppcmips -iV
> bash: ./ppcmips: Kann die Datei nicht ausführen. (Can't run this file)
>
> so, if there are any other solution to compile fpc code for MIPS/linux?

We've been round this one before. Refer to
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Native_MIPS_Systems which shows you-
step-by-step- how to build cross-binutils, a cross-compiler and then a
native compiler for either little- or big-endian MIPS.

The current state is that the compiler runs sufficiently well to build
itself on a Linux MIPS system, a high proportion of the test suite runs,
but it's not yet complete enough for build a runnable Lazarus IDE.

I can't do much more on little-endian since the system I thought I'd
been promised didn't arrive. What's more I spent three weeks keeping a
careful watch for carriers, and that Did Not Help. I've got a couple of
big-endian systems in the collection but they aren't (yet) running Linux
(IRIX only, and I don't thing a port is remotely feasible).

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk