[fpc-devel] "embedded" again

Thaddy thaddy at thaddy.com
Fri Jan 11 12:07:20 CET 2013

On 11-1-2013 11:54, Jy V wrote:

>     So the options are either to do cross compiling (with Lazarus) or
>     to install FPC on the target and compile the code there.
>
>     What is the more viable way ?

IMHO use virtual machines:
Most of my customers run vmware sphere on their servers. I only have to
version and copy the virtual machines.
Mind you: My compilers are still configured for remote and crosscompile
but this setup is more or less static: the vm's can simply be replaced
with a newer one on live or moved to hardware.
(And ofcourse - in my case for webdevelopment incl. ARM - cycle through
a set of ip's before one becomes production)