[fpc-devel] compile error for target arm-embedded trunk, seems to be caused by changes to threadvar

Michael Ring mail at michael-ring.org
Thu Jan 10 21:00:13 CET 2013

I have tried to build the crosscompiler for arm-embedded for both
windows and mac host, both builds fail at the same line:

/bin/mkdir -p /Users/ring/devel/fpc/rtl/units/arm-embedded
/Users/ring/devel/fpc/compiler/ppcrossarm -Cparmv7m @rtl.cfg -Ur
-Tembedded -Parm -XParm-embedded- -Xr -Ur -Xs -O2 -n -Fi../inc -Fi../arm
-FE. -FU/Users/ring/devel/fpc/rtl/units/arm-embedded -darm -dRELEASE
-Us -Sg system.pp
text.inc(1789,14) Warning: Implicit string type conversion from
"AnsiString" to "UnicodeString"
text.inc(1847,39) Fatal: Cannot find system type
"TRELOCATETHREADVARHANDLER". Check if you use the correct run time library.
Fatal: Compilation aborted

The error seems to have to do with the declaration of ReadWriteStrText
as threadvar;

I checked svn and saw that the latest changes by Sven Bart in thread.inc
and threadh.inc touched this area, but what makes me wonder is that I
was able to compile arm-embedded on 30.12.2012, a few days after the
checkin.
So perhaps the changes were activated by something else, unfortunately I
am not very familiar with the internal structures and files of fpc so I
would like to kindly ask if someone could check what is going wrong here.

Thank you,

Michael

Checkin comment for threadh.inc:

moved fpc_threadvar_relocate_proc from systemh.inc to thread.inc
     and gave it the correct type (TRelocateThreadVarHandler)