[fpc-devel] PPU version checking

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Mon Feb 25 18:56:57 CET 2013

On Mon, February 25, 2013 15:39, John Lee wrote:
> I'm guessing that you'd need to be pretty au fait with fpc internals & the
> code to do this eg because there's no spec, and no tools to help? J

One would need to combine the original version of the PPU loader (as
included within the compiler source of the respective FPC version) with
the PPU writer of the latest version. I don't say that it would be easy
though (that's why I talked about sufficient motivation - it is probably
easier to rewrite certain stuff to which you lost your sources unless it
is a fairly big project).

Tomas