[fpc-devel] PPU version checking

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 25 15:26:37 CET 2013

On 25.02.2013 15:19, silvioprog wrote:
> 2013/2/25 DaWorm <daworm at gmail.com <mailto:daworm at gmail.com>>
>
>     Is the project one that can use shared libraries?  Or does the code
>     require inheritance from the code you want to hide the
>     implementation of?
>
>     Jeff.
>

> Is the code for a component that will be commercial. It will use classes
> and inheritance.

Just state that your binary packages will only support selected
releases. Most developers who buy components (and thus likely work for
some company) are more likely to use stable versions anyway. E.g.
altough I know about the many nice improvements in 2.7.1 I only use
2.6.0 (and in the future 2.6.2) for development of the Free Pascal based
programs in our company.

Regards,
Sven