[fpc-devel] link search order

Vittorio Giovara vittorio.giovara at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 10:59:23 CET 2013

Hi,
I'm using fpc and trying to link it with a library, let's call it libfoo
version 2.

The problem I'm facing is that many people have libfoo 1.0 installed and
that when linking, fpc takes libfoo 1.0 instead of the new libfoo 2.0. Of
course this causes a link failure as I need many libfoo version 2 functions.

I set the right library search path but the system search path gets always
picked first (confirmed by looking at link.res).
Is there a way to force the order of search path (possibly without
modifying fpc.cfg or playing with linker flags)?

Thanks,
Vittorio