[fpc-devel] FPC for Coldfire and 68K derivatives

Mike Salish mike at avantisys.com
Sun Feb 17 04:10:51 CET 2013

I will give that a try in the next week or two. Production deadlines
prevent me from jumping on it right now.

As far as fitting the compiled output to a generic RTOS embedded system
it would seem to me that:

Each Pascal main program is treated as a task/process that runs unto
itself other than by interaction with calls to the OS and any shared
resources (memory mapped I/O in particular).

Each task needs a initiator program that sets up the stack pointer,
heap, and possibly a pointer to global stuff. And of course a terminator
to put it to sleep.

The Pascal program needs to be either linked to a reentrant RTL or to a
set of RTL sub-programs per task.

Since I'm interested in embedded control there is little I/O to files,
multiple SIO / USB and net ports. That can be handled by tasks dedicated
to do so, such as one task per port, with re-entrant code.

Scheduling, time keeping, task control, intertask communications and the
like are all handled by OS supervisor calls using Traps or illegal
instruction exceptions.

All in all it isn't an overwhelming amount of work to do, especially
since I've got that stuff running for CPU32 now and it "just" needs
conversion to MCF.