[fpc-devel] Is target mips-embedded possible / planned?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Feb 15 10:09:27 CET 2013

On 02/15/2013 02:46 AM, Michel Catudal wrote:
> I am asking because modern PIC32MX Controllers from Microchip are mips
> based, I somehow prefer arm-microcontrollers but when you want to
> build something small and cheap the Microchip controllers still have
> an advantage...

Same here.

AFAIK Microchip is planning PIC32 variants with even more internal RAM
and ROM. Same would be very handy for our (and others) embedded
controllers.

On the long ruin I am sure that we will see ARM controllers with a GByte
internal RAM and a serial Flash interface and thus enable hardware
designers to build a - cheap and easy to do - PCB with only a few
connections that can run Linux. But up to that point the PIC32 is
extremely viable.

-Michael