[fpc-devel] Re: Porting FPC to IBM zArch

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 20 14:48:01 CEST 2013

Am 20.08.2013 13:52 schrieb "Hans-Peter Diettrich" <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com>:

> Mark Morgan Lloyd schrieb:
>

>> Apropos Paul's comments of doing a good cross-reference and handling
compiler directives, I think the thing that is likely to give real problems
is the {$if defined() } form...

> I'm not sure whether $if defined() works with ordinary constants. The
$DEFINE and CONST identifiers most probably reside in different lists.

"defined(identifier)" is only for identifiers which were added using
"$define", "-d..." or by the compiler itself. If you want to check for the
existence of a Pascal identifier use "declared(identifier)".

Regards,
Sven