[fpc-devel] TCustomApplication

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Aug 19 15:49:53 CEST 2013

On 08/19/2013 02:27 PM, Henry Vermaak wrote:
> A simple way to do this is with the self-pipe trick.
I suppose in Windows we would use a message. In Linux I would prefer a
semaphore or - supposedly best if really usable here - pthread.mutex as
same uses FUTEX whenever the underlying arch allows for and thus the
overhead is as small as possible, because there is no OS call necessary
when scheduling an event and when an event is already scheduled at the
time the previous is done.

-Michael