[fpc-devel] Compiling for libgdb, and using make -j on larger SPARC systems

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Aug 12 16:06:48 CEST 2013

Sven Barth wrote:

>>> It seems to be a bug in the Sparc code generator nevertheless, because
>>> the IDE compiles (not assembles/links though :P ) using a Sparc cross
>>> compiler...
>>
>> Hold on: the IDE without libgdb compiles OK natively on SPARC. It's only
>> adding libgdb which screws things.
>>

> This might be, but the problem nevertheless suggests a potentially
> serious compiler bug as the compiler should not raise exceptions (or
> internal errors) on valid code.

OK, but I'm betting that it would fail if the SPARC cross compiler were
asked to build with libgdb... is this something you can or do do?

Would it help if I were to build a cross-compiler here and try building
the IDE both with and without libgdb?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk