[fpc-devel] Unit for handling UTF-8 strings

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Apr 9 12:09:54 CEST 2013

> Paul Ishenin <ip at kmiac.ru> hat am 9. April 2013 um 11:23 geschrieben:
>

> 09.04.2013 17:10, Sven Barth пишет:
>
> >> Demand+=1
> > (1,8) Error: Illegal expression
> > (1,9) Error: Illegal expression
> > (1,9) Fatal: Syntax error, ";" expected but "ordinal const" found
> >
> > (Sorry, had to be said :P )
>
> Also, Patches variable seems to be equal to zero. And assigning Demand
> without assigning Patches has almost no effect :)

Creating a patch is not hard. The lazutf8 already contains the code. But I have
no idea how the the interface should look like. TCharacter is a Delphi class and
Delphi does not have UTF-8 functions. Michael wrote that these functions are
"implicit", so maybe these functions need to fit some form?
In other words:
Are there any suggestions, recommendations how the UTF-8 functions should look
like?

Mattias