[fpc-devel] Offer to repair and maintain the FPC community website (repeat msg, no HTML)

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Wed Sep 26 10:43:26 CEST 2012

On 2012-09-25 20:14, Jeff Duntemann wrote:
> I don't know how it is elsewhere, but here in the US, more and more ISPs
> are eliminating Usenet access completely. Do you mean an NNTP server for

Yes, Usenet is not the only NNTP servers & newsgroups on the internet.
For example, I host a couple of newsgroups on my own server for some
open source projects. Embarcadero hosts lots and lots of newsgroups for
Delphi and their other products (they did create a Web Forum front-end
to those newsgroups too, but they are still NNTP newsgroups driving the
discussions). Microsoft, until recently, also hosted lots of newsgroups
for developers. So do many other companies and open source projects.

The Free Pascal project already have their own server for hosting HTTP,
Mantis Bug Tracker, SubVersion etc. so adding a NNTP server (sn, leaf,
etc) to the mix should be easy. I could even host some groups for them.

My offer stands for other open source projects too. They are welcome to
contact me, if they are looking for a place to host support newsgroups
for their projects.

Regards,
   - Graeme -