SV: [fpc-devel] fpc on AVR32

Michel Catudal mcatudal at comcast.net
Sat Sep 15 02:19:32 CEST 2012

Le 14/09/2012 05:25, Michael Schnell a écrit :
> On 09/14/2012 05:23 AM, Michel Catudal wrote:
>>

>> I have written code for a cluster with a Micronas (ARM7TDMI) and AVR32UC3C 144 pins and found a major reduction in code size and code is a lot faster.
>
> Did you use the Thumb ISA for the ARM ? Same is said to be more compact than ARM32. With a slow memory interface (regarding CPU speed) Thumb might be faster, too.
>
> -Michael

Yes because code would not fit otherwise and I had the largest flash processor available. The micronas device uses AMD/Spansion flash internally.
We were in production for just a few years with Micronas and they decided to discontinue all the ARM devices that we were using. The redesign has cost us a fortune.
A few months later at a show in Detroit a Micronas salesman asked me if I was interested in their processors. My response was that their name was a curse where I work.

--
For OS/2 and Linux Software visit
http://home.comcast.net/~mcatudal