[fpc-devel] fpc on AVR32

Jeppe Græsdal Johansen jjohan07 at student.aau.dk
Fri Sep 14 01:09:42 CEST 2012

Den 13-09-2012 21:41, Florian Klämpfl skrev:
> Am 13.09.2012 21:38, schrieb Jeppe Græsdal Johansen:
>> I have made a preliminary backend and RTL stub in
>> branches/laksen/avr32new/
>>
>> Some of the large problems is that the load instructions allow
>> non-aligned loads in the ld.w forms.
>> This proves to introduce many
>> strange problems,
> Why is this a problem?
Because PC relative loads with the wide format aren't automatically
aligned to a 4 byte boundary by the processor, and the instruction set
is a variable length 16bit ISA like thumb-2.

There were a few other issues that were highly annoying too, but I can't
remember what they were. Other than that the ISA was beautifully simple.