[fpc-devel] Getting 2.6.1 from svn

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Sep 8 09:10:01 CEST 2012

Jonas Maebe wrote:

> Unfortunately, mantis is seldom updated when changes are merged back
> these days. I used to do that for all changes merged back by anyone, but
> it's become too much work (and it's also much more work to figure out
> this information afterwards compared to immediately updating mantis
> after merging, since in the latter case you don't have to look up
> whether something was merged back and if so, in which revision).

Thanks Jonas. Below are SPARC-specific issues that I'm aware of, this is
for the benefit of anybody from the Solaris/OpenIndiana communities and
I'm most definitely not trying to criticise project management.

0020072: Floating-point register allocation for doubles [Noted by Marco
as being backported.]

0020397: Variant returns wrong Int64 value on SPARC. [Marked as fixed in
2.7.1, don't see any problem in 2.6.0.]

0020153: Bus error when compiling trunk (18976) on SPARC etc. [Ditto.]

Practical experience suggests that Lazarus 1.0 + FPC 2.6.0 is OK (the
program that showed up the above appears to work as expected). Residual
issues:

0020396: Signed 32-bit multiplication raises an overflow exception if
result -ve [Still in 2.6.0 and 2.6.1. OK in 2.7.1.] For the time being,
don't use -Co or the equivalent Lazarus project setting.

0020240: Arithmetic exception when compiling fp+gdb on SPARC [Possible
duplicate of 0020265: Compiler crashes with SIGFPE, which is marked as
fixed in 2.7.1 but might still be a problem in 2.6.0.] For the time
being, don't use the FP IDE's libgdb interface.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk