[fpc-devel] Getting 2.6.1 from svn

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Sep 5 13:54:07 CEST 2012

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote on Wed, 05 Sep 2012:

> Marco van de Voort wrote:
>
>>> Is there a specific revision number that is known to be OK for
>>> this? I'm trying to do notes for somebody off-list, and there's a
>>> code-generation patch in 2.6.1 that's needed for SPARC.
>>
>> Mattias already answered that. The last two days 100+ revs were merged,
>> mostly fpdoc related though, but also fcl-web and fcl-image.
>
> Unfortunately I still get the same problem with a freshly-downloaded
> fpcbuild.zip (2.6 + fixes) and Lazarus 1.0 from svn. Working on x86
> Linux.

Current FPC 2.6.1 will never be able to compile Lazarus 1.0, since
Lazarus 1.0 was released before those changes went into 2.6.1. If you
are talking about some kind of Lazarus 1.0.x fixes branch, then you'll
probably have to wait a while before the change to accommodate that
recent FPC 2.6.1 commit (which should probably be documented on
http://wiki.freepascal.org/User_Changes_Trunk, since it apparently
breaks existing code) has been merged from Lazarus trunk into this
fixes branch.

Jonas