[fpc-devel] Implementing a Dataset

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Mon Sep 3 11:18:17 CEST 2012

On Mon, 3 Sep 2012, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I searched a bit but there seams to be no documentation showing how to
> implement a new dataset, correct? Any idea what is the list of minimum
> amount of methods which I need to implement? I really would like to
> implement the absolute minimum to get started. I am starting already
> based on what TBufDataset implements, but it is a shot in the dark...
>
> Also, it seams that datasets now use TRecordBuffer which does not
> exist in my FPC 2.5.1 for Android. When was this introduced? Does it
> change a lot of things? Because the Android branch still doesn't work
> for me, so I am still stuck in my own personalized FPC 2.5.1.

TRecordBuffer was - if memory serves me well - implemented by Marco for
Delphi compatibility.

> Basically I want to implement a new dataset for Android which works via JNI.

I think your best bet is to create a descendent of TBufDataset: it is in
itself a full TDataset.

You'll have to implement the least amount of methods there, and you can see
in TSQLQuery which ones.

Michael.