[fpc-devel] Fwd: Access violation when building the trunk

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Sep 2 11:32:23 CEST 2012

Message sent to the wrong address (fpc-devel-bounces instead of fpc-devel)

From: "Gennadiy Poryev" <core at barvinok.net>
Date: 2 Sep 2012 11:27:34 GMT+02:00
To: <fpc-devel-bounces at lists.freepascal.org>
Subject: Access violation when building the trunk

Hi.

My setup involves building native x64 2.6.0 compiler using 2.6.0 crosscompiler from i386. This is just for convenience. And it succeeded.
Then I was routinely building the latest trunk using the above mentioned native x64 2.6.0 as the starting compiler. It worked well some weeks prior, but now this happens:

[  1%] Skipped package a52 which has been disabled for target arm-wince
[  2%] Skipped package amunits which has been disabled for target arm-wince
[  3%] Skipped package aspell which has been disabled for target arm-wince
[  4%] Skipped package bfd which has been disabled for target arm-wince
[  5%] Skipped package cairo which has been disabled for target arm-wince
[  6%] Skipped package cdrom which has been disabled for target arm-wince
Start compiling package chm for target arm-wince.
The installer encountered the following error:
Access violation
make[2]: *** [all] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/Dev/FPC/sources/packages'
make[1]: *** [packages_all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Dev/FPC/sources'
make: *** [build-stamp.arm-wince] Error 2

And I have no clue how to produce more verbose/debug data.
Any suggestions?

// Gennadiy.