[fpc-devel] -i and -Cp

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Oct 31 10:09:13 CET 2012

In our previous episode, Mark Morgan Lloyd said:

> bash-3.2$ ./product_pas_8
> bash: ./product_pas_8: cannot execute binary file
>
> while if I use the default shell (Ksh?) I get
>
> $ ./product_pas_8
> ./product_pas_8: syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected

On Linux afaik that points to a wrong dynamic loader, on
*BSD to a missing ELF ident section (since that is how most
 BSDs link binary to dynamic linker)

Using elfdump -n might reveal which programs have an elf ident section.

(and objdump has some options to view elf headers, and objdump -D can be
used to find the section's content)