[fpc-devel] fp IDE and gdbint on Debian Wheezy/testing

Thomas Schatzl tom_at_work at gmx.at
Fri Oct 26 22:51:56 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Fri, 2012-10-26 at 22:35 +0200, Tomas Hajny wrote:
> On 26 Oct 12, at 19:46, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> > I'm trying Thomas's suggestion first, pending Florian's comments.
>  .
>  .
>
> I'd say that Thomas' suggestion points to the same direction as
> Florian. Your output sent in response to the Florian's request
> contains a reference to "/usr/lib/gcc/sparc-linux-
> gnu/4.6/../../../sparc-linux-gnu/" as one of paths for searching the
> libraries - obviously, normalizing this path gives the path suggested
> by Thomas.

Florian's suggestion is correct: debian is changing some paths beginning
with debian wheezy to improve multi-arch support.

While on sparc this may not matter and maybe not needed, it's probably
done on all platforms to reduce maintenance.

I.e. libc startup files and such are now in /usr/lib/<arch-triplet>.
Debian based distros like Ubuntu also do that in recent versions
already. At least on 12.10 here I have these files
in /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu although it's a 32 bit only system.

Thomas