[fpc-devel] -i and -Cp

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Oct 19 22:19:43 CEST 2012

Sven Barth wrote:
> On 19.10.2012 18:16, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>> Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

>>> It's able to build and install itself, I note that the build was
>>> slightly faster than 2.6.1. I'll run the test suite and compare
>>> against 2.6 but for various reasons I don't want to do that on my main
>>> system. Anything specific you want me to look at?
>>
>> If anybody's interested I've got test results for 2.7.1 and 2.6.0, but
>> I'm having difficulty comparing them i.e. looking for things broken in
>> one but not the other. If somebody wants them either by mail or dumped
>> into e.g. pastebin please say.
>>

> You could try to compare the "faillist" file of each version though
> 2.7.1 could potentially contain failures for tests that didn't exist in
> 2.6.0 (e.g. most of the tests/test/tgeneric*.pp tests).

Ah- I was trying to filter the log and getting into trouble due to
timestamps. However I'm seeing both reports of failures in 2.6.0 that
aren't in 2.7.1 and vice versa:

$ wc -l fail*
   55 faillist-2.6.0
   44 faillist-2.7.1

$ diff -y faillist-2.6.0 faillist-2.7.1 |head
test/cg/taddbool                      | test/cg/tcalcst6
test/cg/tcalext5                        test/cg/tcalext5
test/cg/tcalext6                      | test/cg/tcalvar6
test/cg/tcppcl1                       | test/packages/bzip2/tbzip2streamtest
test/cg/tcppcl2                       <
test/packages/webtbs/tw10045          <
test/packages/webtbs/tw14265            test/packages/webtbs/tw14265
                                       > test/tcpstr2a
test/tdel1                              test/tdel1
test/tdel2                              test/tdel2
..

and so on.

I'll have another session over the weekend with a fresh 2.6.1 against
trunk, but when I was running the tests today they did some odd things
to my desktop system (e.g. changing the TZ offset abruptly which might
have messed up their own makefiles) that makes me happier running on
something else- and the "something else" in this case is about to be
rebuilt because of other issues.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk