[fpc-devel] FPC related fairy tale

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Thu Oct 18 15:22:19 CEST 2012

On Thu, October 18, 2012 13:57, Jonas Maebe wrote:
> On 18 Oct 2012, at 13:13, Sven Barth wrote:
>
>> Once upon a time there was a small kingdom ruled by a kind king. The
 .
 .
>> again. The young mage continued to heal her and they all lived happily
>> ever after.
>
> I guess it's about one of the branches at
> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/ that was abandoned in a
> half-working state by two (core) developers and that you now fixed, but I
> have no idea about which one :)

I'd guess for one of the left-overs from the 1.0 -> 2.0 transition (on the
compiler side). Since I've never been involved so deeply in the compiler
area, I can't remember the topic well, but I can remember repeated
references to a need for rewrite of one of compiler parts - possibly
something related to PPU loading / writing?

Tomas