[fpc-devel] -i and -Cp

Pierre Free Pascal pierre at freepascal.org
Wed Oct 17 16:25:33 CEST 2012

You are right:
muller at deluxe:~/pas/test$ ppcsparc hello
muller at deluxe:~/pas/test$ ppcsparc hello -CpXX
Error: Illegal parameter: -CpXX
muller at deluxe:~/pas/test$ ppcsparc hello -Cp"sparc v7"
muller at deluxe:~/pas/test$ ppcsparc hello -Cp"sparc v8"
muller at deluxe:~/pas/test$ ppcsparc hello -Cp"sparc v9"
muller at deluxe:~/pas/test$ ppcsparc hello -Cp"sparc v19"
Error: Illegal parameter: -Cpsparc v19

But I didn't find any use of cputype current_settings field
in compiler/sparc directory sources,
so the generated result should not change...

Pierre

PS: Trunk for sparc is currently broken (I added some
checks related to nostackframe modifier, ad
some CPU do not conform to the idea that
the stacksize should be zero in that case...)