[fpc-devel] Testing MIPS: newbie questions [offline, private]

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Oct 15 17:34:38 CEST 2012

microcode at zoho.com wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 01:39:24PM +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote: > In
> trunk, is there any particular reason why tbs/tb0072.pp refers to >
> CPUSMIPS rather than CPUMIPS?
> Hey, what are you testing this on? I remember you got a new box but I
> can't remember what it is....SGI something? Do they run big or little
> endian?
> Israel

Somebody local was clearing an office, and I've just got hold of an SGI
Octane (hopefully with a decent PSU this time) and an as-new Origin 200.
Neither has Linux on it yet and they're big-endian, but having some real
hardware around the place is always much more of an incentive than using
emulators. I also got a (small) DEC Alpha system from him, haven't a
clue whether it runs.

Also I got hold of an SGI Workstation 750 a few weeks ago- nice piece of
kit, shame it's IA-64 (but that suits me, since I specifically wanted to
be able to look at the bundled code format for something else I'm doing,
and the Ski emulator's only good for nursery slopes).

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk