[fpc-devel] Arm Hardfloat

Thomas Schatzl tom_at_work at gmx.at
Mon Oct 8 21:05:15 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Mon, 2012-10-08 at 20:43 +0200, Den Jean wrote:
> However I still cannot compile fpc natively.
>
> These are the errors when trying
> to do make cycle using the ppcarm you provided
> for fpc svn latest trunk
> make cycle  OPT='-dFPC_ARMHF -Aas -O- -CaEABIHF -CfVFPV3_D16 -Cparmv7'
> PP=~/ppc_armhf

Use -Cparmv7a if you use a current snapshot.

This is a bug of FPC that when compiling for armv7, it uses armv7a
instructions anyway, which has been exposed only recently.

Previously, when using -Cparmv7 it actually passed -march=armv7-a to the
assembler, which made it work. Previously, in case of using -Cparmv7a it
passed no march, which resulted in different assembler issues.

That's why previously I told you to use -Cparmv7 (it did not work with
-Cparmv7a); but this has changed.

Sorry for the confusion,

Thomas