[fpc-devel] Arm Hardfloat

Den Jean Den.Jean at telenet.be
Fri Oct 5 21:09:42 CEST 2012

On Friday 05 October 2012 12:14:23 Thomas Schatzl wrote:

> assembler was configured for a target of `arm-linux-gnueabihf'."

$ as --version
as called with --version
GNU assembler (GNU Binutils) 2.22.0.20120323
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License version 3 or later.
This program has absolutely no warranty.
This assembler was configured for a target of `armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf'.
[jan at alarm ~]$

 > Given it's still the "Error -9" that is the problem, can you manually
> invoke gas using the line from the ppas.sh script?
manually executed with strace and the .o was created
without errors and exited with value 0
so why does fpc always thinks it is not zero
and why if i continue make without clean
does it seem that it starts all over again
with c++ make, it continuous on that file
> Honestly, I am somewhat out of ideas here.
me too
also with c++ on board compilation I have
g++ exiting with internal errors, but when I
restart make it continues for some time fine
and then internal error again on another later
file, it is version g++ (GCC) 4.7.1 20120721 (prerelease),
I am not too fond of too new gccs, always problems...

I will install another distro (now arch linux) too see if it is related
to too bleeding edge.

Thanks already for all the help.

Kind regards,

Jan