[fpc-devel] Tests of observer feature [was: Considerations about observer]

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Thu Nov 29 12:10:48 CET 2012

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012, luiz americo pereira camara wrote:

> 2012/11/29  <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be>:

>>> At least for COM interfaces "as" and "is" with a class type on the right
>>> side is supported. The corresponding code for Corba interfaces is not
>>> implemented (yet). This feature exists at least since 2.6.0.
>>

>> Well. I did not know of this feature. I should document it :-)
>>
>> If so, that solves Luiz' problem, since it would allow him to retrieve the
>> object
>> to use as an observer.
>>
>> I'm assuming that Luiz uses COM interfaces.
>
> Again: in this case, i don't use COM interfaces nor do i propose to use

That's not what I meant with this statement:

I meant that if you do happen to use COM interfaces for everything else,
the above means you can get the object that's associated with it and pass
it on as an observer, so the current implementation will work for you as
it is now.

If you use CORBA interfaces, it means you must wait till the corresponding
code is implemented (which I am willing to do) for it to work.

Michael.