[fpc-devel] Considerations about observer [was: Free Pascal 2.6.2 rc1]

luiz americo pereira camara luizmed at oi.com.br
Wed Nov 28 16:25:25 CET 2012

2012/11/28 Graeme Geldenhuys <graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk>:
> On 2012-11-27 16:19, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>

> If you haven't made other changes to those LCL Mediators since the code
> you emailed me, I could take a look at updating the code for Lazarus too.
>
> That's a perfect example of the FPC Observers support being fully
> functional as-is.

I don't discuss being fully functional as is. But you must agree that,
if an architeture works in a scenario does not mean it's good or at
least could not be improved.

I just proposed a change that will give more flexibility for the
programmer when designing his application interface. As a plus with
less typecasts, so less overhead.

I believe such feature at a low level class must be as generic and
flexible as possible. If the design minimizes performance issues
better yet.

Luiz