[fpc-devel] Re: FPC related fairy tale

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Nov 7 09:51:59 CET 2012

On 11/06/2012 04:39 PM, Sven Barth wrote:

> * primitve procedural programs do definitely work
This sounds very promising for me, as my planned application is not on a
formal OS, but I'll need to build a wrapper to make the Pascal
procedures run on my homebrew OS.

I'll just need a decently working compiler and the necessary parts of
the RTL,

I suppose I'll need to modify the RTL's OS-API interface according to my
needs. Supposedly I just need memory management and semaphores /
thread-communication, plus some kind of (serial) bytestream (Pipe). Not
files.

In fact the first program is supposed to do the communication with a
GPRS modem via a serial interface ("AT..." stuff). The program should be
called from a (GNU) ANSI-C program and should be able to call ANSI-C
procedures. (The program already works nicely on Delphi/Windows.)

I'll stay tuned. :-)

Thanks,
-Michael