[fpc-devel] CrossCompiling :: Windows -> Linux/MIPS

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Nov 2 20:18:23 CET 2012

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> My Qemu/mipsel system is currently acting up; I've still not got a
> big-endian system running here, but would hope to have one in a few
> days. Could anybody comment on the preparedness of the MIPS port for
> tweak for mipseb: it looks to me as though it's mostly RTL stuff.

The compiler and RTL appear to build OK for MIPS (big-endian), giving me
a cross compiler which describes itself as expected and a native
compiler which looks OK "from the outside". I've made no attempt as yet
to run the native compiler either on a "real system" or on a Qemu emulation.

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Native_MIPS_Systems#Big-endian_subarchitecture

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk