[fpc-devel] progress of freepascal for mips

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Fri Jun 8 14:54:18 CEST 2012

On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 17:15:51 +0800 (CST)
"Fuxin Zhang" <zhangfx at lemote.com> wrote:

> > I made a start at trying to get assembler and backend info into the
> > Wiki, my intention was to at least have URLs for the various ABIs. I
> > rather ground to a halt after getting examples of the assembler format
> > together for most targets, if anybody could contribute ABI stuff it
> > would be much appreciated.
> >
> > http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Assembler_and_ABI_Resources

> I have added a link to mips O32 ABI file to the MIPS section.

Mark, guys, were you wanting the information itself on the wiki or are
links good enough? If the latter and they aren't there already, I'll add
the SPARC ABI links next week.

Fuxin, is there a formal 64 bit ABI from MIPS Inc.? I think you said
earlier the Linux 64 bit ABI is not exactly stable, but there are a few
other OS running on 64 bit MIPS (OpenBSD and FreeBSD and NetBSD, as far as
I know). If MIPS or some other standards body has documented the 64 bit
MIPS ABI I'd like to get a copy of it. I found some old SGI doc but I don't
know how universal it is.

Thanks.