[fpc-devel] progress of freepascal for mips

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Sun Jun 3 10:39:36 CEST 2012

From marcov at stack.nl Sun Jun  3 08:34:51 2012

> In our previous episode, microcode at zoho.com said:
> > AFAIK, as far as Windows, nothing but Windows CE (not XP, 7, Vista etc)
> > runs on MIPS
>
> Afaik NT up to and including 4.0 ran on MIPS (r3000/4000). After 4.0
> architectures were severely cut.
>
> NT3.51 also ran SPARC.

Given the question was about wanting to run Windows and Linux on an IBM
MIPS server and do virtualization, I didn't think it would help to discuss
Windows NT, etc. I am aware Windows was supposed to have run on more
platforms in the old days. My point was that you can't run XP, 7, or Vista
on MIPS hardware, not that I was trying to beat anyone out in a trivia
contest about what versions of various things were ever rumored to run on
MIPS ;-)