[fpc-devel] FPC 2.7.1 - variant.inc(82, 10) Error: Illegal type conversion: "Text" to "TextRec"

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 10:14:48 CEST 2012

On 25 July 2012 17:10, Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net> wrote:
> Well, at least now I know -- after many mails, Jonas nervous, etc --
> and I will not not make this mistake again (I will try Jonas,
> promisse!)

It's simple... Create a build script or batch file for compiling
trunk. Hard-code the exact FPC compiler in that script, and you can't
go wrong. eg: I simply type ./go64.sh   while in the FPC Trunk
directory, and I know it will use FPC 2.6.0 to compile Trunk, because
it is hard-coded. No guess work required.

  - Graeme -