[fpc-devel] FPC 2.7.1 - variant.inc(82, 10) Error: Illegal type conversion: "Text" to "TextRec"

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Jul 25 16:18:31 CEST 2012

Marcos Douglas wrote on Wed, 25 Jul 2012:

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Jonas Maebe
> <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:
>>
>> Marcos Douglas wrote on Wed, 25 Jul 2012:
>>
>>> Well, I tried using a ppc386 compiled in 07/18/2012.
>>
>> Why? This is at least the fourth time that you encountered such a build
>> problem because you did not start building with the latest release, and
>> asked here what the problem was, and every time the answer is "always start
>> your build using the latest release". See all the links I posted last time:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org/msg25866.html
>
> Because a few days it worked perfectly...
>
> Jonas I know I posted problems about compile trunk. Before I used the
> trunk but now I use 2.6.1.

Last time I also said that using the fixes branch is not guaranteed to
work:
http://lists.freepascal.org/lists/fpc-devel/2011-September/025951.html

> As I said, I just wanted report the error!
> If the problem is my last version, ok, just say that...
>
> If you think that my mails do not help sorry, I can stop to send them
> to the dev-list, if you want.

It's just that it gets tiring repeating the same thing over and over
again. It's no problem to send the mails here (this is indeed the
correct list for reporting that sort of problems).

Jonas