[fpc-devel] Re: Class field reordering

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Jul 22 14:56:33 CEST 2012

Sven Barth schrieb:
>  >>    Should FPC provide a way to access private fields from any other
> code?
>  >
>  >
>  > Like recent Delphi versions allow by extended RTTI? <shudder>
>  >

> FPC will support extended RTTI sooner or later as well.

Hopefully with better means to disable it.

>  > Finally class helpers could solve the problem as well, the cleanest
> solution IMO.
>
> While they would be the cleanest solution they won't work as they can
> only go as deep as (strict) protected (which I still not think was a
> good by Borland as public/published should have been enough...)

Public and published members are accessible already without class
helpers. This model would turn class helpers into pure syntactic sugar.

But allowing access to private members would not break Delphi
compatibility, Delphi code still would compile with FPC.

DoDi