[fpc-devel] Re: Class field reordering

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Jul 22 10:16:14 CEST 2012

Martin schrieb:
> On 21/07/2012 16:55, Ivanko B wrote:
>> The problem now is that cracker classes can't be used in future anymore
>>   because of the new class field ordering optimisation, so I dared to
>> ask.
>> So, is it possible to design the new feature in such way that to have
>> an option to proceed using cracker classes ?
>>

> But the whole discussion comes down to one other simple question.
> Including the above, the whole discussion is about:
>
>    Should FPC provide a way to access private fields from any other code?

Like recent Delphi versions allow by extended RTTI? <shudder>

My solution for such problems are local patches to the library source code.

A (global) compiler option "treat private as protected" might be another
solution.

Finally class helpers could solve the problem as well, the cleanest
solution IMO.

DoDi