[fpc-devel] Class field reordering

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 21:27:29 CEST 2012

On 15 July 2012 19:04, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
> Usually these things are private for a reason. But maybe there are better
> reasons for doing it different, of course then I'd like to hear them first
> :)

Yes, and I just wanted to point out that I some time ago I showed a
case where I needed to set ComponentState manually but couldn't... The
FPC team can't cover all possible use cases. Not everybody is creating
a Delphi clone application or framework, so there could very possibly
be a valid reason for doing something different to Delphi or Lazarus.

> Changing them without any justification whatsoever is definitely not going
> to happen.

I fully agree.

  - Graeme -