[fpc-devel] Error building branch targetandroid

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 12:24:19 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Thomas Schatzl <tom_at_work at gmx.at> wrote:
> The revision you have does not support the "rev" instruction when using
> -CpARMv6. Use -CpARMv5 (or no switch, as it is the default) to create the
> (cross-)compiler.

-CpARMv5 will generate instructions which crash many Android devices,
including my own HTC Wildfire.

See: http://groups.google.com/group/android-ndk/browse_thread/thread/ba542483f062a828

> The generated compiler can then be used to generate ARMv6 code, but of
> course still does not support the assembler "rev" instruction.

But the RTL and FCL will be compiled using -CpARMv5, correct?

> I will look at how much work it is to merge the branch to latest.

thanks =)

> Note that if you want to try, some time ago android/x86 compiler support has
> been added (must add -Cfsse3 though to get valid executables).

This is interresting as a future possibility, but right now all
devices which I am interrested at run ARM.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho