[fpc-devel] FPDoc imports

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Jan 31 20:22:15 CET 2012

Sven Barth schrieb:
> Am 31.01.2012 14:42, schrieb Hans-Peter Diettrich:

>> I still wonder why the number of units in the imported RTL package
>> increases over time. Initially it contains 7 modules, and 38 modules in
>> the end, where the RTL currently consists of 46 units. 6 of the initial
>> modules contain classes, but I couldn't find the 7th module "iostream"
>> anywhere, which is the first module in the list.
>
> The only "iostream" unit I'm aware of is in packages/fcl-base/src.

How could that unit slip into package RTL, as the first unit before
those containing classes? I couldn't find "iostream" in all the rtl
units. Debugging reveals that only 6 modules are added during import of
the content file, so that "iostream" must be added somewhere else, and
inserted as the first module of the package.

The following warnings are reported during import of rtl.xct:

Warning : ancestor class #rtl.System.IUnknown of class IClassFactory
could not be resolved
Warning : ancestor class #rtl.System.IUnknown of class ISequentialStream
could not be resolved
Warning : ancestor class Exception of class EPropertyError could not be
resolved
Warning : ancestor class Exception of class EPropertyConvertError could
not be resolved
Warning : ancestor class #rtl.System.TObject of class tport could not be
resolved
Warning : ancestor class #rtl.System.TObject of class tportw could not
be resolved
Warning : ancestor class #rtl.System.TObject of class tportl could not
be resolved
Warning : ancestor class ematherror of class EInvalidArgument could not
be resolved
<<

These ancestors really are missing in :classes, but links and heritage
seem to be resolved properly in the docs.

DoDi