[fpc-devel] FPDoc imports

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Jan 31 10:25:56 CET 2012

In an attempt to help improve fpdoc I'm blocked in understanding the
handling of imported modules. The content files are imported into the
link tree, but this tree seems not to be used in finding external
identifiers?

Instead packages are searched, where I could not yet figure out how
these are constructed. When the FCL documentation is created, which
imports package (content file) RTL, a package RTL seems to be created,
somehow, but its content is not related to the content file. In detail
unit System never becomes part of the RTL package?

Can somebody explain the creation and population of external packages a
bit? What's the purpose of these packages at all, when the essential
information about identifiers is contained in the content files?

Would it help if I try to create packages from the imports?

DoDi