[fpc-devel] Bounty for MIPS

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Jan 31 09:55:48 CET 2012

On 01/30/2012 06:16 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> Presumably for the same reasons that people are trying to translate C
> to FPGA functionality. NOT that I'm suggesting that as a viable project.
There are special "parallel" C dialects that are useful for this.

Moreover the most modern way of system design is to do a complete system
description (functionality and restrains) in a C like language and have
some (expensive) software decide automatically (based on available FPGA
resources) what to implement in programmable hardware and what to
implement in software, in the end creating compiled files that can be
loaded appropriately to get a running system.

-Michael