[fpc-devel] GibbleDiGeek

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon Jan 30 18:39:37 CET 2012

On 30 Jan 2012, at 18:25, steve smithers wrote:

> I am a newcomer to this group and I receive the message digest from the
> list-server fine.  I can post messages fine.  But sometimes the messages
> look like the one below.  Why is this?  Are these messages encryted?  Or
> is it Belgian? :) How can I get them in ASCII (or EBCDIC :)) so I can read
> them.  Anyone any ideas.

The encoding you received the message in is base64. The encoding you receive a message in depends on the encoding the sender uses and what intermediate mail servers do (I received it in plain ASCII, in the mailing list archive it's also base64). There's nothing you can do about that that. All modern mail clients should be able to handle base64 encoding though. If your webmail client can't, I'm afraid you'll have to decode it yourself via e.g. http://www.opinionatedgeek.com/dotnet/tools/base64decode/

Jonas