[fpc-devel] Bounty for MIPS

Pierre Free Pascal pierre at freepascal.org
Sun Jan 29 19:29:24 CET 2012

> > Questions:
> >   It seems like GNU AS has a different MUPS syntax as traditional MIPS
> > assembler, but I didn't find precise information about this;
> > Could someone give me some pointers?
>
> I don't think I've got access to any MIPS as other than gas, but if
> necessary I could put the disc that came with my problematic SGI system
> into a PC server and investigate whether it has any development software
> (it's a fairly minimal IRIX).
>
> What differences did you have in mind?
Take a look at trunk/rtl/linux/mips/prt0.as
This file is non-functional, but it seems to contain some disassembly
of a start code (probably from some other compiler...)
This disassembly syntax seems quite different from
the other assembler code (below in same file and in other sources
seem more like gnu as generated by GCC if using --save-temps.

Well, at least register naming is different (using a4 or s7 instead of $sp
and $X
where X is a number...)

Anyway, maybe the content of rtl/mips/prt0.as isn't really MIPS assembler at
all :(

Pierre