[fpc-devel] Website documentation links are wrong

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Jan 27 10:09:57 CET 2012

> The following documentation download page has many links for the
> various documentation formats. They are all still pointing to the old
> 2.4.4 release, and not the latest 2.6.0 release.

No. The reality is simply that the 2.4.4 is not overwritten because
ftp.freepascal.org was retracted as not being able to cope with the load.

What is wrong is the index listing ftp.freepascal.org.

There was a cache of mirrors that is not updated properly, thus still
linking to the old (no longer valid) site.

> I remember mentioning this before some years back. If the ftp server
> is a unix/linux box, may I suggest using symlinks.

That is strange, since this specific issue was caused by something decided
in the week before the 2.6.0 release.